Physiotherapist Assistant and Personal Trainer with focus in Adaptive Fitness and Sport, Movement & Mobility Coach, Certified KineisoTaping Practitioner, MAT Jumpstart
Alyssa Woronecki was a graduate of Humber College where she received Diplomas in Physiotherapy / Occupational Therapy Assistant (PTA/OTA) program and Fitness and Health Promotion. Humber College awarded Alyssa as the Recipient of the Mary E. Pollard Memorial Award – demonstrating proficiency in the clinical setting in combination with sensitivity and caring towards clients.
Alyssa has completed the Bobath course for Health Care Workers through the Canadian Bobath Instructors Association building on her previous work experience at Southlake Regional Hospital as a Physiotherapy/ Occupational Therapy Assistant in the Neurological and General Rehab Unit.
In addition to being a PTA/OTA, Alyssa is a knowledgeable, skillful and caring Certified Personal Trainer and adaptive athletics advocate. She believes in inclusive fitness for all, bridging the gap by empowering people with disabilities to achieve their fitness potential in a safe and encouraging environment. Alyssa applies her personal training skills to a diverse population adapting movement while keeping it challenging. She serves persons of all ages specializing in those with amputations, spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury, stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy and other neurological conditions. By offering a creative approach she enhances her clients’ performance in sport and their quality of life.
For over 4 years, Alyssa has been teaching an adapted yoga & pilates exercise class on a weekly basis for individuals with a variety of neurological conditions adapting various mainstream movements and incorporating healthy breathing into their practice to complement their rehab. Alyssa creates fun fitness challenges that all of our clients can participate in using our fully accessible start of the art equipment.
Alyssa is a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner. She uses this rehabilitative taping technique to facilitation the body without restricting the body ROM.
Some of Alyssa professional highlights include:
- Leading the Spinal Cord Injury Ontario (SCIO) Annual Ski day encouraging Neurocore clients to try sit skiing
- Designing and putting forth group warm ups at SCIO Wheelchair Relay Race
- Contributing consumer education articles for SCIO Magazine –Outspoken
- Fundraising and leading Neurocore’s annual participation in the Brain Injury Society of Toronto (BIST) Annual 5k Run, Walk and Roll in support those living with acquired brain injury in Toronto
- Raising awareness for Parasport Festival about opportunities for athletes with disabilities to participate in sport
- Organizing the annual Abilities in Motion event providing adapted canoeing and kayaking experiences for our clients of all ages and abilities
- Presenting to Physiotherapy and Physiotherapy Assistant students at various schools including University of Toronto, Humber College and Durham College on complimentary therapies in a neurological setting.
Alyssa is committed to ongoing education and professional development to continue providing her clients with up to date services.
Alyssa’s post-graduate developments include:
- Mini MAPclass – Intro
- Mini MAPclass – Assessment and Treatment of the Scapulae
Alyssa leads by example by believing in the quote “you will never work a day in your life if you love what you do” offering unique skills and enthusiasm to the Neurocore philosophy.
Our Mission Is to Provide a Professional & Honest Approach to Health Care
Your Health Starts Here
Thank you for entrusting us with your care.
Come on In
Mon: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Tues: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sun: Private Pilates & Classes Only
9140 Leslie Street, Unit 107
Richmond Hill, ON