Nutritional counselling can help you enhance your body’s inherent healing potential, promote a positive mood and improve your energy levels. Our Certified Nutritional Practitioner provides customized nutrition programs that cater to each individual’s needs. Whether you have a complex health history or simply value the use of nutrition as a preventative measure to reduce the likelihood of developing health issues – we can help.
Who would benefit from working with a Nutritionist?
Children and older adults with a variety of conditions or symptoms, including:
- Fatigue, stress and poor sleep
- Pain (back, neck, neuropathic, acute, chronic)
- Impaired focus/concentration
- Depression, anxiety and impaired cognition
- Impaired performance in sport and work
- Acquired Brain Injury, Stroke and Spinal Cord Injury
- Change in bladder function
- Skin changes
What can I expect from Nutrition sessions at Neurocore?
- A review of your food consumption, medications, supplements, and mood
- Implementation of a food diary to monitor your eating habits and symptoms
- Follow-up appointments to address trends, food sensitives or triggers related to your symptoms
- A personalized nutritional meal plan (including ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, hydration options and, if needed, appropriate supplements)
- Follow-up to track progress and make any needed adjustments after adopting a nutritional meal plan
I have a neurological condition; why am I at increased risk of nutrient deficiencies?
- Compromised digestive function
- Physical, emotional, psychological stress
- The intake of certain medications
- Decreased energy and reduced mobility
- Impaired dexterity to prepare healthy meals on a consistent basis
Furthermore, neurological injuries place one at a high risk of developing recurring and potentially life-threatening secondary health complications such as:
- Pressure sores
- Cardiovascular disease
- Type 2 diabetes
These secondary health conditions, in turn, place additional demand on the body for nutrients.
Learn more about our Certified Nutritional Practitioner, Joanne Smith
Your Health Starts Here
Thank you for entrusting us with your care.
Come on In
Mon: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Tues: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 3:00pm
9140 Leslie Street, Unit 107
Richmond Hill, ON