BScKin, BScPsych, MScPT
Ali’s education includes:
- Masters of Science in Physical Therapy, Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Psychology, York University
Ali’s post-graduate professional development includes:
- Concussion Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Understanding Locomotion, Canadian Bobath Instructors Association
- MyndMove Functional Electrical Stimulation for Upper Extremity Dysfunction Post Neurological Injury
- Functional Capacity Evaluation for Assessment of Return to Work
- Keeogo Exo-Skeleton System for Lower Limb Facilitation in Gait Re-training
Ali’s career in Neurological Rehabilitation began as an undergraduate volunteer at the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute where he helped explore various research topics studying the role of exercise in stroke rehabilitation. This experience working with stroke patients eventually led him to Scotland, UK, where he pursued a Masters degree in Physical Therapy.
Ali has had the opportunity to work in The UK’s National Health Service for 3 years across Scotland and England where he gained invaluable experience rehabilitating post-neurosurgical patients and patients with joint replacement surgeries. This experience has led to successful post-surgical results for patients in his current practice.
Ali looks forward to furthering his education within the Orthopedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association. In addition to his clinical practice, he has helped his patients participate in clinical trials at the University of Toronto as well as Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
When he’s not at the clinic, Ali enjoys a good game of pick up soccer and outdoor activities such as camping, trekking and rock climbing. Additionally, Ali is an avid swimmer and grew up competing in swim meets and water polo events all over Kenya. He loves to explore new and remote places and travels as much as he can.
Ali is registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario and is a member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
Our Mission Is to Provide a Professional & Honest Approach to Health Care
Your Health Starts Here
Flexible appointments and innovative care.
Or call — 905.886.2673
Come on In
Mon: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Tues: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sun: By appointment
9140 Leslie Street, Unit 107
Richmond Hill, ON