Bioflex Laser Therapy
Laser therapy, also known as low-level laser or light therapy (LLLT), is the use of light from a low intensity laser device to reduce pain, accelerate healing and decrease inflammation. Laser therapy does not heat or cut tissue, unlike high intensity lasers. BioFlex Laser Therapy is able to influence the pathology directly at the cellular level, resulting in therapeutic benefits that are long lasting and address the underlying condition or pathology.
What conditions can be treated with Bioflex Laser Therapy?
- Skin wounds
- Muscle Strains
- Disc Herniation
- Inflammatory responses
- Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
- Musculoskeletal and sports injuries
- Headaches and Post-Concussion
What will my first Bioflex Laser Therapy session consist of?
- A review of your symptoms with a certified Biolfex Laser Therapist
- Selection and personalization of an appropriate protocol for your symptoms
- Placement of a laser diode on the treatment area which will emit red and infrared light
- If deemed necessary, application of a laser probe directly onto the treatment area which penetrates light deeper into the tissue
Is Bioflex Laser Therapy safe?
Absolutely. It is a non-invasive, non-thermal and non-toxic intervention. It has no known side effects or drug interactions.
Who provides BioFlex Laser Therapy at Neurocore?
We have multiple health care professionals who are certified in the provision of Bioflex laser therapy including: Physiotherapists, Physiotherapy Assistants, Doctor of Chiropractic and Massage Therapists.
What Physiological effects does Bioflex laser therpy provide?
- Improved localized circulation to the area affected
- Cellular metabolism regulated by ATP (adenosine triphosphate)
- Pain relief by increasing the production and release of endorphins
- Tissue remodeling and repair via production of fibroblasts & collagen
How long does a treatment take?
Treatments can last between 15 minutes to over 1 hour depending on the condition and area being treated.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments will vary with regard to the individual problem (including acuity of the condition) as every patient responds to Laser Therapy uniquely. In some patients, 1 treatment is sufficient; however, a range of 3 – 25 treatments may be required. Additional maintenance treatments may be recommended.
Your Health Starts Here
Flexible appointments and innovative care.
Or call — 905.886.2673
Come on In
Mon: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Tues: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sun: By appointment
9140 Leslie Street, Unit 107
Richmond Hill, ON