Allana’s education includes:
- Masters of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Toronto
- Bachelors of Arts in Kinesiology, Wilfrid Laurier University
Allana’s post-graduate professional development includes:
- IBITA Certified Basic Bobath Therapist for treatment of adults with neurological conditions
- Pilates Mat Instructor Certification; Pilates in Pregnancy & Post-Partum
- Garuda on the Reformer
- Scolio-Pilates Modules 1 and 2
- Advanced Lumbo-Pelvic Complex Certification – Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute Training
- Sport Physiotherapy Taping
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling
- Certified to Administer MyndMove Functional Electrical Stimulation for Upper Extremity Paresis
- Pilates Mat Instructor Certification; Pilates in Pregnancy & Post-Partum; Pilates for Neurological Conditions
Allana developed her passion for human movement while growing up as a competitive dancer. In 2006, Allana represented Canada in the World Dance Championships in Riesa, Germany. She continued to follow her passion for dance throughout her undergraduate career, competing at the varsity level with her University. While training at the National level, Allana refined her eye for movement analysis, which has become an attribute to her assessment and treatment techniques as a Physiotherapist.
Her love for dance transitioned her easily into the world of Pilates. Allana has become a certified Mat Pilates Instructor, and incorporates these exercises into many of her treatment plans for clients at Neurocore. She has a special interest in using Pilates to treat women during pregnancy or post-partum as well as anyone seeking Pilates-based therapy for enhanced postural control, function and well-being.
Allana has acted as a Clinical Instructor to Physiotherapy students from the University of Toronto, Queen’s University and Oxford Brookes University in England. Allana has been a proud member of the Neurocore team since her own clinical internship at the clinic in 2014.
Allana is a member in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. She is also a member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association’s Neurosciences Division and Orthopaedic Division. When she is not working with her clients, Allana enjoys golfing, hiking, Pilates and spending time at her cottage with family and friends.
Our Mission Is to Provide a Professional & Honest Approach to Health Care
Your Health Starts Here
Thank you for entrusting us with your care.
Come on In
Mon: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Tues: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sun: Private Pilates & Classes Only
9140 Leslie Street, Unit 107
Richmond Hill, ON