Keeogo™ & MyndMove™ & NMES
We offer innovative rehabilitation technologies to help you meet your mobility and rehab goals.
Keeogo™ is a motorized robotic technology that enhances its user’s walking and daily activities. The Dermoskeleton system supports the knee joint and enables more efficient movement. This technology is customizable to complement an individual’s strength and to improve their endurance and stability. To learn about whether the Keego is right for you, contact us. Learn more about the Keeogo here: https://keeogo.com/
What are the benefits of Keeogo™?
- Improved knee stability
- Reduced knee pain
- Improved speed, balance and coordination
Who can benefit from Keeogo™?
The ideal candidates for training with Keeogo™ are those in the early stages of degenerative disease, such as Multiple Sclerosis, are recovering from stroke or in advanced stages of osteoarthritis.
Training with the Keoogo can also benefit individuals with:
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Parkinson’s disease
MyndMove is an 8-channel Functional Electrical Stimulation device for the treatment of patients with upper extremity paralysis following stroke or spinal cord injury (SCI). This therapy combines Physiotherapist expertise with patient participation for the rehabilitation of voluntary hand and arm function. “MyndMove is the first complete system to provide FES therapy for the full arm with the ability to execute reaching, grasping and fine motor control of the hand, for example pinching.” For more information, please visit http://www.myndtec.com
Who can benefit from MyndMove?
- Patients with upper-limb paralysis resulting from stroke or SCI (C3-C7)
- Both recent and long-term injuries have the potential to improve their motor function
What are the benefits of MyndMove?
- Maintain or increase arm and hand range of motion
- Prevent disuse atrophy
- Increase local blood circulation
- Reduce muscle spasms
- Re-educate muscle movement
What does MyndMove therapy at Neurocore consist of?
- Patients enroll in MyndMove therapy by subscribing to a minimum of 20 therapy sessions
- Typical therapy sessions are 1 hour in length
- Electrodes are placed on the patient’s skin over the muscles to be stimulated
- Patients are asked to actively attempt the desired movements (e.g. reach and grasp an object)
- A MyndMove trained Registered Physiotherapist will guide the timing and quality of the patient’s movements
- The MyndMove device delivers FES protocols to elicit the movements
What are MyndMove Stimulation Protocols?
- Pre-programmed protocols designed to stimulate specific muscles in different sequences to create a natural movement
- Examples of movements you may attempt during a MyndMove therapy session include:
- Holding a cup
- Bringing your hand to your mouth
- Reaching to the side
- Reaching forward
- Picking up and holding everyday objects
Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
What are the benefits of NMES?
- Managing pain
- Preventing joint stiffness
- Reducing the degree of a subluxed shoulder
- Stimulating lifting foot against gravity while walking
- Maintaining or gaining joint range of motion
- Augmenting muscle strength and performance
- Managing spasticity [one type of involuntary muscle activity] and associated pain
- Preventing deep venous thrombosis (blood clots)
- Stabilizing the hip, knee and ankle for standing and transferring from one seat to another
Under what circumstances can NMES be applied?
- Brain Injury
- Spina Bifida
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Peripheral Nerve Injury
- Post-fracture stiffness
- Post-surgical muscle atrophy & weakness
Can I use NMES at home?
Your Health Starts Here
Thank you for entrusting us with your care.
Come on In
Mon: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Tues: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 3:00pm
9140 Leslie Street, Unit 107
Richmond Hill, ON