Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy works on identifying pelvic floor dysfunction and creating a program specific for you to help alleviate your present concerns.
What is Pelvic Floor Rehab?
Rehabilitation involves a special form of manual therapy that involves external and/or internal techniques by a Physiotherapist. Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy is provided at Neurocore by a specially trained Physiotherapist who has undergone post-graduate certifications in pelvic floor rehabilitation.
What does Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy consist of at Neurocore?
- A comprehensive initial assessment focusing on your present condition and health history
- Physical assessment of the joints and tissues affecting the area, which may include an internal and external pelvic floor examination
- Individualized rehabilitation which includes education, home exercises and pain management strategies
- We are happy to provide a phone consultation with our Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist so you can learn whether Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy is right for you
What do the Pelvic Floor Muscles do?
These muscles have important roles including:
- Maintaining continence of our bladder and bowel
- Providing support to our internal organs including the bladder, uterus, and intestines
- Providing support for our low back
- Allowing sexual function
- Helping our circulatory system get the blood and body fluids from the legs back to the heart
Where are the pelvic floor muscles located?
The pelvic floor muscles are a group of muscles that attach to the front, back and sides of the pelvic bone and tailbone.
What conditions can Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy treat?
- Incontinence or leakage
- Urinary urgency or frequency
- Acute or chronic pelvic pain
- Low back pain or hip pain
- Rectus diastasis or “mommy tummy”
- Pelvic floor dysfunction related to pregnancy: pre-natal and post-partum muscle changes
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic congestion
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Nocturia (excessive urination at night)
To learn more about Pelvic Floor Rehab at Neurocore, please feel free to contact us.
We are happy to provide you a phone consultation with our Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist to learn whether Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy is right for you
Your Health Starts Here
Thank you for entrusting us with your care.
Come on In
Mon: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Tues: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 3:00pm
9140 Leslie Street, Unit 107
Richmond Hill, ON