Our clinic offers holistic rehabilitation services such as Acupuncture that can be used as stand-alone therapies or as adjuncts to other rehabilitation techniques.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) healing technique that has been applied for 2,500 years. It restores, balances and maintains our health using our body’s defense systems. As a form of alternative medicine, it involves the insertion of fine acupuncture needles into specific areas of the body, based on which areas or systems you need treated.
What are the benefits of Acupuncture determined by current scientific evidence?
- Stimulates blood flow to an injured site and signals the release of neurochemicals and hormones
- Neurochemicals can have a widespread effect on the spinal cord and brain, to modulate the experience of pain and help restore balance in the body
- Inactivate myofascial trigger points creating a sense of relief and reduced discomfort
- Up regulate or down regulate the nervous system depending on the point prescription used
What symptoms can Acupuncture help me with?
- Repetitive strain
- Restricted range of motion
- Nervous system alterations
- Stress, anxiety and emotional imbalance
How does Acupuncture work according to traditional beliefs?
- In TCM, acupuncture points are located along “meridians” which are energy ‘channels’
- Pain, injury or stress can block the flow of energy channels
- This interrupts proper blood flow and energy distribution which in turns causes discomfort
- Acupuncture is used to bring the body back into balance by restoring the energy and thus blood flow along the energy channels
What should I expect from an Acupuncture treatment?
- Detailed assessment identifying your expectations, goals, symptoms and areas to address
- The use of sterile, single-use needles ensuring your safety and minimize the risk of infection
- The therapist inserts thin needles in specific acupoints on your body based on the treatment goal
- Needles may be adjusted manually or with electrical stimulation to augment their therapeutic effect
At Neurocore, acupuncture is provided by a Registered Physiotherapist certified in Acupuncture.
Your Health Starts Here
Flexible appointments and innovative care.
Or call — 905.886.2673
Come on In
Mon: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Tues: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 6:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Sun: Upon Request
9140 Leslie Street, Unit 107
Richmond Hill, ON