Craniosacral therapy, a branch of osteopathy, is an exceedingly gentle hands-on treatment technique. It influences the joints of the skull, vertebrae and limbs restoring natural, rhythmic motion of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). Irregular CSF flow impacts the body’s natural hydraulic forces which can present as disease, dysfunction or contribute to poor healing. Craniosacral therapy aims to restore optimal CSF flow by relaxing the nervous system and restoring dysfunction.
What is Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF)?
- A clear fluid that travels around your brain and spinal cord
- CSF cushions the brain and spinal cord picking up needed supplies from your blood while getting rid of waste products from brain cells
How does Craniosacral therapy work?
- It is believed that through the therapist’s gentle touch often referred to as “under 5 grams”, CST encourages symmetrical cerebrospinal fluid movement throughout the central nervous system thereby easing restriction at the head, neck and limbs
- Improved Cerebrospinal fluid mobility leads to improve functioning of the central nervous system and reduction of tension, headaches and pain
What should I expect from my first CST treatment?
- Evaluation of the flow of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) at various areas such as the head, neck, spinal column, tailbone and other major joints
- Using a light pressure, the therapist aims to gain symmetry and regulate CSF rhythm in the body
- Session typically last 30-60 minutes
Your Health Starts Here
Flexible appointments and innovative care.
Or call — 905.886.2673
Come on In
Mon: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Tues: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 6:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 8:00am - 2:00pm
9140 Leslie Street, Unit 107
Richmond Hill, ON