Sofia’s education includes:
- Masters of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Toronto
- Honours Bachelors of Heath Sciences, Western University
Sofia’s post-secondary professional development includes:
- IBITA Certified Basic Bobath Therapist for treatment of adults with neurological conditions (in progress)
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Division of Canadian Physiotherapy: Level 1 Manual Therapy Certification
- Soft Tissue Release Certification
- Basic Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- BioFlex Laser Therapy
Sofia’s personal experience with neurological injury inspired her to pursue neurological physiotherapy and contributes to her passion and empathy in working with this population.
Her diverse clinical Physiotherapy experience includes: Spinal Cord Rehab Program at the Lyndhurst Centre- Toronto Rehab Institute, a private orthopedic and sports injury clinic, a neurological practice specializing in the Bobath concept of neurorehabilitation, several Intensive Care Units (ICUs) at Toronto General Hospital, and the Post-Surgical Unit a St. Michael’s Hospital.
Sofia volunteers as a standing dance partner with Wheel Dance, a program providing wheelchair ballroom and latin dance opportunities to individuals with ambulatory limitations.
Sofia enjoys integrating her interests into her therapy, such as yoga and dance.
Sofia is in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, and is a member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (Neurosciences Division) and the Ontario Physiotherapy Association.
Sofia is also able to assist clients in Russian.
Our Mission Is to Provide a Professional & Honest Approach to Health Care
Your Health Starts Here
Flexible appointments and innovative care.
Or call — 905.886.2673