Kanako’s education includes:
- Masters of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Toronto
- Honours Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology, McMaster University
Kanako’s professional development and certification includes:
- Advanced Upper Extremity, Lumbo-Pelvic Complex, Cervico-Thoracic Complex Certification – Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute Training
- Vestibular and Concussion Rehabilitation
- Bioflex Laser Therapy
- Orthopedic Division of Canadian Physiotherapy: Level 1 Manual Therapy Certification
- Chain Reaction 3D – Gray Institute
Kanako has a special passion in orthopaedic and neuro rehabilitation. Since 2016, she has gained experiences working with clients at different stages of their rehabilitation journey at orthopaedic physiotherapy clinics in the community, and inpatient and outpatient neuro rehabilitation programs at Toronto Rehabilitation Institute. She has also extended her experiences in working with clients with vestibular dysfunction and concussion.
To pursue her interest in neurorehabilitation, Kanako has also completed a summer research internship with the Brain Sciences Research Program at Sunnybrook Research Institute in 2013. She is a co-author of a research publication that examined the influence of post-stroke lower-limb spasticity on the recovery of standing balance control.
Kanako is an avid volleyball player with experiences playing on a club team. During her free time, Kanako enjoys learning and playing many other sports such as badminton, judo, ultimate frisbee, beach volleyball, and snowboarding. Playing a variety of sports helps her to understand and analyze body biomechanics and movement patterns that are required to rehabilitate athletes playing different sports.
Kanako is a member in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. She is fluent in English and Japanese.
Your Health Starts Here
Flexible appointments and innovative care.
Or call — 905.886.2673