Our clinic offers holistic rehabilitation services such as Cupping that can be used as stand-alone therapies or as adjuncts to other rehabilitation techniques.
What is Cupping?
Dating back to ancient Egypt, China and Middle Eastern cultures, cupping is one of the oldest forms of therapy. The Ebers Papyrus, one of the oldest medical textbooks in the world describe how ancient Egyptians used cupping therapy in 1550 B.C.
It involves the application of plastic or silicone cups along at certain points on a person’s skin
It is believed that pain and injury are caused by a blockage of Qi (energy) along a channel in the body, and it is believed that cupping helps dispel stagnant blood and lymph in order to restore Qi and therefore optimal blood flow.
What conditions and symptoms may benefit from Cupping?
- Back and neck pain
- Stress related disorders
- Sore muscles
- Stiff joints
- Chronic pain conditions
Which health care professionals at Neurocore provide Cupping?
- Registered Massage Therapists
How does Cupping work?
- Cupping works whereby the suction and in turn negative pressure provided by a cup can help promote blood flow by separating layers of skin, connective tissue and muscle to reduce discomfort.
- The cup applied over a specific area may remain stationary to allow time for the individual layers of the body to receive ideal blood flow or the cup may be moved promoting the release of stagnant blood flow and stimulating activation of an area with renewed blood flow.
- It is common for cupping to leave round bruises on a person’s skin where the blood vessels may burst after exposure to the suction. Some believe the change in skin colour within the cupped area is reflective of how many toxins are in the area whereby a red/purple discolouration if reflective of high levels of toxins.
What are the benefits of Cupping?
- Reducing muscular tension
- Improving blood flow and pain relief
- Increasing tissue metabolism which promotes healing
- Inducing sweating which helps dispel toxins
- Reduced inflammation
- Reducing myofascial restrictions
Your Health Starts Here
Flexible appointments and innovative care.
Or call — 905.886.2673
Come on In
Mon: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Tues: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 6:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Sun: Upon Request
9140 Leslie Street, Unit 107
Richmond Hill, ON